About FOIAonlineFOIAonline is a FOIA tracking and processing tool for the following Agencies and Offices:
- Department of Commerce (except the US Patent and Trademark Office),
- Environmental Protection Agency,
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection,
- Federal Labor Relations Authority,
- Merit Systems Protection Board,
- National Archives and Records Administration - Office of General Counsel,
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
Additions as of February 1, 2014:
- Department of the Navy (including Navy and Marine Corps).
Additions as of October 1, 2014:
- General Services Administration.
- Small Business Administration.
From October 15, 2014 through April 30, 2015:
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services participated in a piloted use of FOIAonline for the purpose of accepting only requests for records that DO NOT contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII). The pilot ended on April 30, 2015 and any requests for records containing PII or non-PII must be submitted directly with USCIS using the methods described at How to File a FOIA/PA Request.
Addition as of February 17, 2015
- Federal Communications Commission
Guest users may:
- Search for previously released records;
- Generate reports; and
- Receive records electronically if you provide an email address.
Registered users may, in addition to the above:
- Track progress on all of your requests submitted through FOIAonline via a personal dashboard;
- Communicate directly with the agency at all points in the process;
- Have your contact information pre-populated in future requests;
- Receive notification when the status of your request has changed.